otrdiena, 2012. gada 13. marts

When I first came to Turkey I had no idea what to expect. Well that is not true, I thougt I knew what to expect, but I was wrong on so many levels. My biggest mistake was believing in stereotypes. I knew only that much about this country what I can find out from tourism commercials and wrong judgments from people around me.

I have been in Turkey for a month now and I know, this is not an Arabic land, all Turks are not Muslims, there are no camels running around, it isn't very hot here all year around, people are not trying to steal something from me all the time, it is safe and very much Europian country.

Communication is a game, it is creative act. I am not supposed to be safe, in order to communicate I should overcome the distance and let other people closer. That is what the last lesson of Cultural diversity and communication made me think about, so-  What would I be willing to give up about myself in order to achieve a valuable connection between me and other people? What is the price? I am an erasmus student in a foreign country. I have been given the chance to live for a while in a multicultural group of people, so let's see, what will I give up and what will I gain.



Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru